Monday 8 November 2010

First Section of music -Man writing the Love Letter

Yesterday i filmed the section of the music video which is a man dressed in a tuxeto... from the past writing the love letter then hiding it within a table's hidden compartment. This filming was very hard due to the tripod being broken and the lights being broken. But I over came these problems of broken equipement by holding the camera in a very still and steady possission. Furthermore it turns out it was better without the lighting because I used candle lighting instead which added to the mise en scene by creating an 'old fashioned' atmosphere. Yet another problem which i had to over come was the fact that the actor has little experience and therefore he needed constant direction and support from my in order for him to achieve my vision.




Props I had my actor use in the scene were as follows:




A single red Rose to represent love and passion.




An old fashioned pocket watch to symbolise that the clip is set in an old era, perhaps Edwardian.

Writing Paper which is the same style and size which people used to right on in the past.

An envelop with 'My Dearest' written on the front to empathisze the fact that the man is writing a love letter to his loved one.




Candles and silver candle holders to highlight the fact that this clip is set in the olden days.



A Table with a hidden compartment for when my artist finds the old rose and letter.


No comments:

Post a Comment