Monday 8 November 2010

BIG MACHINE RECORDS!

I have researched many record labels such as Interscope
Records, an American records company who originally made its
name known by dealing heavily with hip-hop and urban music
but who now deal with artists from all genres such as
industrial rock, e.g. Marilyn Manson and No Doubt. In 1998
Geffen and A&M joined Interscope resulting in
Interscope-Geffen-A&M being created. This institution deals
with Blink 182, All Time Low, JoJo, Lady Ga Ga and Robyn.
Through discovering that Interscope tend to manage and deal
with mainstream music I have discovered that it is not a
suitable record label for my artist. As a result I have
researched Big Machine Records a reasonably new record label
due to it being founded in 2005. They deal with artists such
as Trisha Yearwood, Jack Ingram, Steel Manolia, Rascal
Flatts and the famous Taylor Swifft. I think these artists
are similar to my artist and her genre of music they have
the same non-materialistic, natural image. Therefore Big
Machine Records is the ideal record company.

No comments:

Post a Comment