Wednesday 10 November 2010

Digipack =]

Today in lesson i started to design my artists Digipack. The Album is called 'Whisper in the Wind'.
I used photoshop in order to layer and edit photos on backgrounds.


I started with this photo of my artist, i then used the Polygonal Lasso Tool to cut around her i layered her on top of the background to the right of orange and yellow autum leaves.












After combining these images together adding the title of the album and the name of my artist and altering the colours and how the layers sit on top of each other i ended up with my finished album cover.



Next I decided to create the title page for my album i combined the following photo with the same background as before.

With adjustments to the colour layering cropping size of the canvas I created the following title page.
Next i decided to create a dedication/ thank you page for my Digipack, here my artist has written short paragraphs of who influenced supported and inspired her. I used the following origional image with the leaves background.

After using the same techniques and tools as i did before and playing around with the font size i  ended up creating the following 'Thank You Page'.



I used autum leaves as the background for this digipack because i think it complements the natural style and natural beauty my artist possess, furthermore the natural leaves suit the country/folk genre of the music is artist sings. As a result of the same background in the three sides above i have decided that the origonal autum leaves image is going to be the middle of my digipack where my CD will sit.

No comments:

Post a Comment